There are still a good 8 months until the launch, but the rumor mill is already delighting us with fresh appetizers for the upcoming iPhone 13. Today on offer is a small but important design change that many Apple fans have been waiting for for a long time.
Apple’s small design change: iPhone 13 gets narrower notch
As is so often the case, the source of the latest rumors is reliable insiders from the ranks of Chinese suppliers. The Japanese website Mac Otakara relies on this. The now wants to have heard of the upcoming design changes for the iPhone 13. The shape and shape should resemble the iPhone 12 as much as possible, but one detail should catch the eye.
The notch, the upper display notch, could be narrower. It has been part of the basic Apple design since the iPhone X and has not really gotten any smaller, in contrast to the Android competition. Many Apple fans are therefore waiting for a change. This could be made possible by a narrower TrueDepth camera whose sensor will move to the edge of the housing. As a result, the notch should be thinner.
Further adjustments to the shape of the iPhone 13
Mac Otakara also notes other, minor changes:
- The height and width of the new iPhone 13 models are the same as their predecessor, but the thickness could increase by 0.26 mm.
- The camera unit is 0.9 mm larger and completely covered by sapphire glass, but should not protrude as much.
- The iPhone 13 Pro could also have optical image stabilization with sensor displacement, a function that Apple has only installed in the iPhone 12 Pro Max so far.
- As previously reported by CGH, Mac Otakara also knows of the existence of fast 120 Hz displays with LTPO technology. Such screens could at least get the Pro models.
- Not surprisingly: Inside, the Apple A15 is supposed to be the successor to the current Apple A14.
As a reminder: There will probably be 4 models of the iPhone 13 again – iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max. In contrast to 2020, a release is expected again as earlier in September.