The sexual harassment and racism incidents that broke out within Ubisoft last year we transferred. Ubisoft has been talking about the subject for about 1 year. unexplained and the event had sunk into oblivion. Until now.
Today France Game Workers Association accused of sexual harassment against Ubisoft sued. The reason why it took so long for the case to be opened is that the victims from each It was said that taking statements one by one and preparing the case file took a long time.
Ubisoft is in trouble
ubisoft, Solidaires Informatique was sued by the organization. Solidaires Informatique is actually the whole of France. game workers defend is a targeted union. The parties complained of in this case and the reasons for the complaint are as follows;
- Tommy François: Former vice president of the company in charge of news and press. Harassing employees by taking advantage of his position within the company.
- Serge Hascoët: Manager in the company’s content department. Harassing his employees by taking advantage of his position in the company and condoning harassment by his colleagues.
- Serge Hascoët’s assistant: Harassing employees by taking advantage of his position within the company, using his affiliation with Hascoët.
- Cécile Cornet: Former human resources manager of the company. Turning a blind eye to harassment within the company and trying to normalize it.
- Some of the unnamed employees working in the human resources department:Actively covering up incidents of harassment and protecting abusers.
- Yves Guillemot: CEO of Ubisoft. Sued for being responsible for internal events.
All Ubisoft sued
Although the defendants in this incident were sued one by one, all of them were at the time of these events. Worked at Ubisoft. For this reason, the union is part of the Ubisoft company. all also sued. The reason why Ubisoft was sued ” Establishing a management system suitable for sexual harassment within the company and condoning such harassment”.
François, Hascoet and Cornet no longer works under the umbrella of Ubisoft. When these abuses broke out last year, all three was fired from the company. However, this dismissal also caused the Ubisoft brand to be sued. couldn’t prevent.
union’s lawyer Maude Beckers, in his statement “ Workplace sexual harassment accusations in French court very rare. That’s why we’ve gathered all the evidence and testimonies we can find, and we’re preparing our evidence. We will ask for the harshest possible punishment” and showed his seriousness on this issue.
The lawsuit against Ubisoft and its employees is currently in the evidence-gathering phase. We will keep you informed as more detailed information emerges in the future.